Make A Career With Us
Join us to make a difference in our residents’ everyday lives.
The Occupational Therapist will be responsible for providing appropriate, timely, and effective occupational therapy treatment to the residents at the Nursing Home.
- Promptly conduct initial intake assessment, 6-monthly reassessments, post-hospitalisation/ falls reviews and occupational therapy assessments as required
- Develop treatment plans for residents and review and evaluate the effectiveness of these plans
- Conduct equipment prescription, caregiver training and facilitate discharge process as required
- Document occupational therapy treatment and resident care in an acceptable manner
- Collect and report outcome statistics regarding occupational therapy treatment and therapeutic group activities
- Supervise and guide occupational therapy intervention by junior staff
- Plan and facilitate occupational therapy programmes as required and review and evaluate effectiveness
- Train junior staff in conducting therapeutic group activities and ensure staff competency. Provide oversight and guidance to the planning, execution and safety of these therapeutic group activities
- Contribute to the development of competency checklists and work flow of therapeutic group activities
- Perform periodic audits on junior staff in conducting occupational therapy interventions and therapeutic group activities and documentations
- Participate in multi-disciplinary collaboration for optimal patient outcomes
- Initiate sharing and promote learning culture for evidence-based practice
- Periodic checking of occupational therapy items and equipment and propose requisition where necessary
- Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Qualified and registered with AHPC (Full/ Restricted registration)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience
- Preferably bilingual to communicate with the residents
- Day to day washing, drying and folding of Residents’ linen including pajamas, bed sheets, blankets, pillow cases, towels … etc.
- Check cleaned linen for any defects – put aside for discard by Linens Officer or mend them accordingly
eg. dropped buttons from resident pajamas
- Basic daily cleaning and maintaining of laundry machines, chemicals refill and operating of machines
- Monitor chemical usage and refill
- Report to management of fault or abnormality found in machines
- Keep the laundry room clean with housekeeping
- Comply with Safety Linen SOPs
- Primary School education
- Able to carry heavy loads of clothing, linens … etc.
- Ability to communicate in simple English will be an advantageous
- On the job training will be provided
Email to apply: email@example.com
Please provide full personal particulars, contact number, professional qualifications, career history and expected salary together with your testimonials, certificates, and other supporting documents
*Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.